Information Needed from Your Vet
We require information from your veterinarian to complete your application for review. You may help with that process by sending the following request to your veterinary oncologist:
Dear Veterinary Clinic:
I have applied to the Riedel and Cody Fund to ask for a grant to pay for my pet’s cancer treatments. The Riedel and Cody Fund is a non-profit organized to provide funding for owners who have a pet diagnosed with cancer and cannot afford to pay for the treatment. All grant requests are reviewed based on established criteria within our organization which includes personal/financial as well as medical considerations.
As part of this grant process RCF requires information about the diagnosis and treatment costs. Please submit the information requested below to email@example.com. Once they receive this information they will begin the review process for the grant request.
RCF FUNDING GUIDELINES:
(1) We do not fund for treatments or surgeries which have already occurred.
(2) We do not pay for surgeries or procedures to determine if cancer is the diagnosis.
(3) We require that the treating veterinarian discount their charges by at least 10% to ensure our grant will cover as much as treatment expense as possible.
(4) Cancer diagnosis must be made by a board certified veterinary oncologist in your practice.
INFORMATION NEEDED FROM YOUR CLINIC
In order to review this application, request we need information from you, the veterinary oncology provider. Please take the time to forward the information listed below so this request may be reviewed in a timely manner. This information may be sent in an email or faxed to the number below.
PLEASE NOTE – we cannot read through dozens of diagnostic or chart pages, please clearly note the information requested below in an email and attach any pertinent information:
- Diagnosis and Date of Diagnosis
- Stage of Disease
- Prognosis with Treatment
- Treatment Plan
- Estimated of cost of Treatment Plan (We need one amount to submit on the grant for review)
Additional notes you may include:
- -Medical records
Please submit information needed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (203)295-0355. Thank you very much for your time and help in this matter.